3 December, 13:45 BST, Virtual conference
Organized by Imperial College Business School
The event brings together leading practitioners and academics to learn, discuss, and share best practices on corporate entrepreneurial innovation, with a focus on how new vehicles such as corporate and consortium accelerators, lean labs, and open innovation platforms are developed and being used, in comparison to more traditional units such as R&D, Corporate Venture Capital, and Corporate Innovation functions. We will look at how these new vehicles are designed, implemented, and assessed, and will hear from leading practitioners across industries through discussion panels, fireside chats, and case study presentations.
Register for the ticket using this Eventbrite link
The 2020 Symposium will adapt to the Covid-19 situation and will be an entirely virtual and shorter yet engaging event. The event will feature a combination of panel discussions, case study presentations and fireside chats to share ideas and best practices, and shape challenges and future research topics for the coming year. It will also provide a unique opportunity for this community of professionals and academics to network and make contact with each other.
The themes for the 2020 Symposium on Corporate & Industrial Acceleration:
1. How does the world look like for corporate innovation during Covid-19 and beyond?
2. What are the lessons learned from the current corporate and industrial acceleration models?
3. Can corporates really operate as start-ups? If so, how?
4. What the future looks like: Moonshot Factories – how to shoot for and achieve distant and strategic bets?
5. How do we get corporate accelerators and moonshot initiatives to achieve impact beyond the “theatre of innovation”?
6. In times of big challenges and wicked problems (the pandemic, climate change, trade wars, economic recession), How can corporations and policy use acceleration tools and methods to address such Grand Challenges?
Find out more at corpacceleration.com