The UK government is increasing its funding to businesses and researchers as part of its Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and is inviting proposals from industry. The deadline 18th April 2018.
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund aims to bring together the UK’s world-leading research with business to meet the major industrial and societal challenges of our time. This includes:
- From data to early diagnosis and precision medicine
- Healthy ageing
- Prospering from the energy revolution
- Transforming construction
- Transforming food production: from farm to fork
- Next generation services
- Audiences of the future
- Quantum technology
- Robotics for a safer world
- Leading-edge healthcare
- Faraday Battery Challenge: clean and flexible energy
- Driverless vehicles
- Manufacturing and materials of the future
- Satellites and space technology
The fund is part of the government’s £4.7 billion increase in support for research and development over 4 years.
UK industry and research can submit proposals aligned clearly with at least one of the 4 grand challenges in government’s Industrial Strategy.
The grand challenges are:
- artificial intelligence and the data economy
- clean growth
- the future of mobility
- meeting the needs of an ageing society