If you are thinking about publishing your research and not sure where to start then Charlotte Stone from Wiley offers some good advice.
- Make it original
- Only submit to one journal at a time
- Write for your audience – consider the interests of your readership
- Optimise your paper – with key words in title and body copy – 54% of readers use search engines
- Keep your title less than 15 words
- Put essential finding into the first two sentences of your abstract
- Check – and double check – your references
- Include good graphics
- Make it easy to read
- Have a strong conclusion.
For more information about submitting a paper and becoming a reviewer