2018: R&Designing Innovation
Digital innovation, the Internet of Things, Big Data and AI are reshaping and transforming society and business – the R&D Management Conference 2018 will provide a forum for new ideas and thinking on how to adapt management approaches to enable innovation in a dynamic environment.
The conference takes place 2-4 July 2018 at Politecnico di Milano, Italy, and is preceded by a Doctoral Workshop on 30 June and 1 July.
Watch our introduction video below, or on YouTube here.
More information is available on www.rnd2018.polimi.it.
The keynote speakers include:
- Frank Piller – Vice Dean of RWTH School of Business & Economics, Professor and Chair of Technology & Innovation Management and Academic Director at RWTH Aachen, and Fraunhofer Executive MBA
- Melissa Schilling – John Herzog Family Professor of Management and Organizations at New York University – Stern School of Business
- Annabelle Gawer – Professor of Digital Economy, Co-Director of the University of Surrey Centre for the Digital Economy, and Co-Chair of the AOM Specialized Conference on Big Data and Managing in a Digital Economy
- Gianvito Lanzolla – Head of Faculty of Management and Professor of Strategy at Cass Business School, London
- Arrigo Berni – Chairman of Moleskine
- Francesco Starace – CEO of Enel
- Dovev Lavie – Full Professor of Management at Bocconi University, Milan, and Former Associate Editor at the Academy of Management Journal and Strategic Management Journal
- Lucia Chierchia – Head of Innovation Hub at Electrolux
- Fabio Nappo – Cross-Category Project Leader at Whirlpool Corporation
- Enrico Sola – Communication Manager at McKinsey & Co.
- Giovanni Tagliabue – Head of Business Innovation & Development at Edison
A full list of the tracks is now available
We asked some of the track proponents to describe some of the most exciting developments in their field. Their responses can be read here
- Environmental sustainability, social impact and innovation
- Innovation and R&D management in family firms
- Innovation dynamics and organizational performance: novel strategies and approaches
- Managing at the intersection between innovation and supply chain management
- Circular economy put into practice: opportunities and challenges for innovative industrial paradigms
- Digitally-enabled business model innovation
- Finance for Innovation: New Tools and Approaches
Find out more about the Politecnico di Milano at www.polimi.it